OOSS Media is seeking a motivated and savvy editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team in a project-based capacity with a potential for a full time position in the near future. You will work with a team of writers and designers as well as Creative Producers and our Post-Production team, to develop and edit compelling and engaging content for our audience. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and motivated individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment, to become an integral part of a fast-paced and dynamic team.
Passion for martial arts, understanding of mma, combat sports, action cinema and internet meme culture a big plus! To excel in this role, you will have experience in developing and editing content, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
OOSS Media is a media company that covers martial arts at the intersection of movies, pop culture, combat sports, health & wellness, and internet culture. We seek to entertain and illuminate audiences on a wide range of martial arts topics. Our team includes creatives and stunt performers behind the major action movies we all know and love. Our goal is to share our passion and years of experience with a wide audience via social video platforms.
- A keen understanding of internet culture and social media video first platforms.
- Attention to detail, while working under tight deadlines. (Go above and beyond to meet deadlines)
- Experience handling multiple, concurrent projects with a collaborative approach.
- Knowledge of martial arts is a big plus.
- Experience creating assets for an omni channel content strategy (written, video, newsletter) that engage audiences online
- professional and receptive to feedback provided
- You offer potential solutions when the feedback provided does not have a clear plan of execution
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in film, video production, or related field
- Create edits for weekly video series to be distributed across multiple channels on social media
- Work within brand design guidelines and iterate and improve
- Ensure timelines are managed effectively and consistently with all given projects and content workflows
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Stay super organized in and adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
(Organize video projects folder structure in adherence to current standardized systems.)
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative
- Create video deliverables with provided assets, brief, and direction.
- Repurpose and maximize existing videos with creative methods such as cutdowns, resizing, and re-editing.
- Concept and create simple elevated motion graphics.
- Polish and refine assets with light color correction, and sound mixing
- Translate all feedback into actionable suggestions and solutions.
- Create memes for social media with the writing team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in film, video production, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a video editor, preferably in a digital-first environment.
- Relevant portfolio of previous video editing work.
- Strong understanding of video editing software, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and DaVinci Resolve a plus
- Technical knowledge of aspect ratios, file formats, codecs, and delivery specs.
- Familiarity with minor color correction and audio mixing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a consistent aesthetic throughout projects.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to work effectively with team members and clients.
- Knowledge, interest and passion for martial arts, mma, combat sports, & action cinema. Acute understanding of internet meme culture, social media, and content creation.