OOSS Media is seeking a Junior writer to provide overall support to the Senior Writer. Responsibilities include research, pitching concepts, and executing copy for new media content.This position reports to the Senior Writer.
- Prolific writer for social video content, primarily YouTube
- Obsessed with trends in social video and creating social media content
- Aware of cultural trends in both the media and martial arts, combat sports, and martial arts cinema and entertainment
- Ability to use data to pitch concepts, show titles, and content that will capture audiences.
- Team player
- Examples of successful published social video or writing examples a plus
- Deep understanding of what works and resonates on social platforms and an understanding of data/analytics to inform and iterate concepts.
- Ability to thoroughly research and fact check a concept, present and format research that can be used in a script
- Work with the Senior Writer to research proposed video topics and format that research into a workable script.
- Edit, revise, and iterate concepts and scripts
- Maintain a systems improvement mindset with clear operational guidelines and objectives
- Utilize best practices to create catchy titles and descriptions for posting that our optimized for reach
- Experience and examples of existing writing on martial arts a plus
- Examples of published work that shows knowledge of social platforms and what works
- Familiarity with content optimization and best practices
- Understanding of cultural trends and ability to adjust insights and operations accordingly
- Working knowledge of film and content production