OOSS Media is seeking a Senior Writer to be our lead writer and provide oversight of the writing team. Responsibilities include pitching concepts, managing a team of junior and freelance writers and creating scripts. An obsessive interest in martial arts and internet culture is a must and proficiency in creating engaging digital content on social media platforms, primarily YouTube. This role reports to the Editor in Chief.
- Prolific writer for social video content, primarily YouTube
- Funny / insightful / witty
- Obsessed with martial arts culture and media
- Passion for teaching and bettering martial arts literacy of others
- Aware of cultural trends in both the media and martial arts space
- Ability to use data to pitch concepts, show titles, and content that will capture audiences.
- Able to assign topics and lead a team of JR writers to produce engaging and relevant content
- Team player
- Experience managing remote team members
- A strong background or interest in martial arts or education writing a major plus
- Deep understanding of what works and resonates on social platforms and an understanding of data/analytics to inform and iterate concepts.
- Ensure overall adherence to brand tone
- Manage a team of writers
- Edit, revise, and iterate concepts and scripts
- Come up with show concepts and pitch them
- Experience sourcing, establishing and maintaining relationships with freelance writers
- Ability to execute creative strategy
- Create and implement a strategic development timeline
- Lay out an operational strategy and best practices for content writing
- Identify key writing talent
- Maintain a systems improvement mindset with clear operational guidelines and objectives
- Ensure major deliverables are completed within scope and budget
- 4+ years (or equivalent) in video production, broadcasting, television, or similar discipline
- 2+ years of management experience
- 1-3 years relevant experience creating social-first videos
- Published examples of existing writing or video content that you wrote.
- Proven track record in content writing leading large teams with high output
- Examples of work that shows a knowledge of social platforms and a history of growing audiences.
- Familiarity with content optimization and best practices
- Understanding of cultural trends in media and martial arts culture and ability to adjust insights and creative accordingly
- Working knowledge of film and content production